- All groups that meet at Elting Memorial Library must be open to the public. Library staff or representatives must be permitted access to the Room at all times. Permission to meet at the Library does not in any way constitute or imply endorsement of the visiting group’s policies, beliefs, or programs. No implication of Library endorsement should be implied by applicant groups.
- The Room may not be used by for-profit groups, for partisan political purposes, or as the regularly scheduled meeting place for any group.
- Groups using chairs, tables, and other accommodations of the Library must return these items to their original locations at the close of a gathering. Meeting spaces, bathrooms, and kitchen must be left clean and free of debris. Refreshments may be served, but the group is expected to clean thoroughly and provide all related supplies (plates, napkins, etc.).
- The Meeting & Reading Room is available for gatherings only when the library is closed. Participants must agree to observe fire and safety codes. No smoking or alcoholic beverages are permitted. The Director of the Library or his/her designee reserves the right to cancel any reservation at any time due to bad weather. Groups must confirm their reservation up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- Children aged 10 & under must be supervised by at least one adult for every ten children. Youth ages 11-18 must be supervised by at least one adult for every 20 youth.
- While a fee might not be charged for non-profit groups, a donation to the Library is always welcomed and will assist in upkeep of the facility and future replacement of furnishings. Non-profit groups wishing to hold fund raising events at the Library are welcome to use the facilities, but a special application must be made to the Board of Trustees, and a fee will be imposed.
Please complete the Reservation Form at least four weeks prior to your event and return it to the Library Director. It is at the Director’s discretion that all reservations are made. You will be notified within a week if your application has been approved. Only the Library Director or his/her designee may approve reservations.