The Elting Memorial Library welcomes organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities. Room use is permitted to those who do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or other characteristics protected by law. Preference will be given to groups that serve New Paltz residents. In all cases, Room use is at the discretion of the Library Director.
Patrons wishing to utilize Study Rooms must abide by the conditions outlined below. To reserve a Study Room, call or stop by the Circulation Desk 845-255- 5030 ext. 2. Study Rooms may be reserved only one week in advance and only one reservation is allowed at a time. Study Room usage is limited to two hours at a time. Should a Study Room be open for use after two hours, patrons are allowed to reserve it for another two hours, other reservations permitting.
- Study Rooms are available only when the library is open. Participants agree to observe fire and safety codes. No smoking or alcoholic beverages are permitted. The Director of the Library or his/her designee reserves the right to cancel any reservation at any time due to bad weather. Patrons must confirm their reservation up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- Library staff or representatives must be permitted access to the Room at all times. Permission to meet at the Library does not in any way constitute or imply endorsement of the visiting group’s policies, beliefs, or programs. No implication of Library endorsement should be implied by applicant groups.
- The Study Rooms may not be used as the regularly scheduled meeting place for any group.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Study Rooms. Groups using chairs, tables, and other accommodations of the Library must return these items to their original location at the close of a gathering. Meeting spaces must be left clean and free of debris. If any reservation results in the need for professional cleaning of the Study Room, charges will be passed on to the person reserving the space.
- Youth up to age 14 must be supervised by at least one adult.
* note: the library reserves the right to pre-empt or cancel any reservation when a study room is needed for official library purposes. Notice will be given when possible.