The Elting Memorial Library welcomes organizations engaged in educational, cultural, intellectual, or charitable activities. Room use is permitted to those who do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, or other characteristics protected by law. Preference will be given to groups that serve New Paltz residents. In all cases, Room use is at the discretion of the Library Director.
Patrons wishing to utilize Study Rooms must abide by the conditions outlined below, and complete an application form at least two weeks in advance to reserve space. Should a Study Room be open for use, Library Staff at the Circulation Desk may permit use by patrons on the spot. However, others’ reservations may limit usage.
- Study Rooms are available only when the library is open. Participants agree to observe fire and safety codes. No smoking or alcoholic beverages are permitted. The Director of the Library or his/her designee reserves the right to cancel any reservation at any time due to bad weather. Patrons must confirm their reservation up to 24 hours ahead of time.
- Library staff or representatives must be permitted access to the Room at all times. Permission to meet at the Library does not in any way constitute or imply endorsement of the visiting group’s policies, beliefs, or programs. No implication of Library endorsement should be implied by applicant groups.
- The Study Rooms may not be used by for-profit groups, for fundraising purposes, for partisan political purposes, or as the regularly scheduled meeting place for any group.
- No food or beverages are allowed in the Study Rooms. Groups using chairs, tables, and other accommodations of the Library must return these items to their original location at the close of a gathering. Meeting spaces must be left clean and free of debris. If any reservation results in the need for professional cleaning of the Study Room, charges will be passed on to the person reserving the space.
- Youth up to age 14 must be supervised by at least one adult.
- While a fee might not be charged for non-profit groups, a donation to the Library will assist in upkeep of the facility and future replacement of furnishings. Non-profit groups wishing to raise funds are welcome to use the facilities, however a special application must be made to the Board of Trustees and a fee will be imposed.
Please complete the Reservation Form two weeks prior to your meeting and return it to the Library Director. It is at the Director’s discretion that all reservations are made. You will be notified if your application has been approved. Only the Library Director or his/her designee has the right to approve reservations.